Choose A Smart Cuppa!
Morning shows the day and quite literally too! The cuppa you choose to have, can go a long way in determining your physical well-being. The leaves that you love to make a concoction with boiling water and sip, while you read the headlines of the day, have the capacity of making or breaking your life. Green tea, hailed all over as the manna of modern times boasts of health benefits that impact many aspects of your body.
Be it fighting the Big C or preventing the piling of flab, green tea is said to have qualities that can work towards these. It is loaded with flavonoids and antioxidants, the compounds that can do wonders to your body.
One of the main reasons why Green Tea is hailed world over as a health drink is due to the fact that most of the bioactive compounds present in the tea leaves actually make it to the final drink. It is loaded with polyphenols like flavonoids and catechins, which function as powerful antioxidants. These substances have the ability to reduce the formation of free radicals in the body, known to play a role in ageing and causing several diseases in the body. The antioxidants help in protecting cells and molecules from damage.
- May protect your brain in old age, reducing risk of diseases like Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s – Multiple studies on neurons in test tubes and animal models have shown that the catechin compounds in green tea can have various protective effects on it, potentially lowering the risk of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
- Improves brain function and makes you smarter – It is said to have less caffeine than coffee, but enough to produce the positive effects associated with coffee. It also contains the amino acid L-theanine, which can work in synergy with caffeine to improve brain function.
- Burns the fat – Some studies show that it boosts the metabolism rate and increases the process of fat burning at least on a short term.
- Green Tea can take extra care of your heart – Some studies indicate that green tea drinkers have a lower risk of cardiovascular disease. It has shown to lower total and LDL cholesterol, as well as protect the LDL particles from oxidation.
- Antioxidants in Green Tea might fight the Big C – The presence of antioxidants in Green Tea provides the much needed protection from oxidative damage that is known to cause cancer.
- Green Tea improves your dental health by killing bacteria and reducing risk of infection – The catechins in green tea may inhibit the growth of bacteria and some viruses, which in turn lowers the risk of infections and leads to improvements in dental health.
- Green Tea reduces risk of Diabetes – Studies show that green tea can improve insulin sensitivity and reduce blood sugar levels.
- Green Tea might finally help you live a long life – Given that green tea drinkers are at a lower risk of cardiovascular disease and cancer, it makes sense that it could help you live longer.
Categorised in: Health Tips
This post was written by Konsult App